Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thing 15

Ok, have so much to say about this. First off, the video "A Vision of Students Today" was really an eye opener. To see how much time students are spending on the Internet and not learning a thing! Wow, this is why technology has to be a bigger part of learning.

I for one, love the way the libraries have evolved over the last two decades. I remember when the library was a place that I dreaded. I thought to myself, I can't talk, it is boring, I don't know where to find anything. These days, the library is a fun place..at least at my school. My librarian creates an inviting environment where learning is always taking place. She makes it a point to find new applications that the students can use hands. She loves to teach new technology and applications to the students. She even shares ideas with the teachers on how to incorporate into their lessons.

Where I feel their is a disconnect, is the teachers who are reluctant to evolve. I feel it is a disservice to our students when we are unwilling to out in the time and effort to stay on top of the changes in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment